Thursday, October 30, 2008

What dry spell?

Here's a cake I created for myself and my wonderful birthday which falls on Halloween. My intentions were to create flowers in a Halloween palate (yes, those are green roses), but as fondant tends to mess with colors, especially after drying, they didn't quite come out the way I saw in my head. Nevertheless, I think the whole thing turned out spectacular, and personally, I'd rather shellac it and put in on the shelf than eat it... but no one else feels that way :) So- to get to the specs on the cake, it's a chocolate cake with a chocolate filling, iced in smooth, marvelous buttercream with chocolate accents.

4 comments:

mikeklekas said...

omg, I just had lunch and reading that is making me hungry again. Camie, you are amazing. From my birthday on, I'm asking you for all of my frosted cake needs. This cake looks awesome! Happy Birthday Camie

LemmonWheel said...

Ok! Sounds good to me! Thanks! :)

LemmonWheel said...

Ok! Sounds good to me! Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow girl!! You are so talented!! I agree, this should be shallacked! ahah This is amazing..